In order to be eligible for Lawsuit funding, you must have an attorney representing your case. A case where a plaintiff represents themselves in considered per se representation. We do not fund “per se” cases. In addition you will usually need a retainer agreement with the attorney that is on a contingency basis. Clients often ask the reason for this requirement. In a nutshell the reasons are as follows.
- Lawsuit Funding companies need a mechanism to be repaid when the case settles.
- A contingency agreement between a plaintiff and attorney usually stipulates that the proceeds from the lawsuit will pass through the attorney trust account before distribution.
- The attorney after paying him or herself, is “trusted’ to honor the existing liens on the case.
- In general a lawsuit funding company will not be comfortable relying on a plaintiff to repay the loan with out an attorney having the responsibility on distributing case proceeds.
In addition to the benefits of having access to lawsuit funding, there are other benefits of having an attorney on board to pursue your claim.
- Professional representation – The opposing Insurance companies will know that a qualified attorney expects to earn a contingency fee for representing the case. Therefore the case can be considered worthy of merit in at least one professional opinion.
- If a lawsuit needs to be filed, a profession is already available to go through what may be a very detailed an complicated process in order to pursue the case further.
- Having a trusted source to answer plaintiff questions. Often plaintiffs have questions about their case that they need answered. One of the best sources of information on your case is your personal injury attorney.
- Help in Building your case. Your personal injury attorney is trained in the best way to present your case to the defendant and to the courts
Lawsuit funding is a way to get cash now to plaintiffs suffering from the financial demands inherent in pursuing his or her lawsuit claim. The terms of the lawsuit cash advance or “lawsuit loan” is dependent on the size and nature of the incident that the case is based upon. The amount of insurance coverage is also a factor. Often unaccounted for by the plaintiff seeking lawsuit funding is the maturity of the lawsuit under review. This is definitely a variable that also affects the size of the advance that is suitable at any given time.
State by state laws may differ when applying a lawsuit advance, so it is very important to do your own research and obtain clarification from your attorney representing your case for more information. Amongst plaintiffs seeking lawsuit funding, car accidents are a frequent type of claim. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has published that there are around 5.5 million car accidents on and annual basis. Many of these accidents lead to serious injury and even death. It has been estimated that 40,000 fatalities occur due to vehicle accidents annually. About 5000 deaths occur each year due to truck accidents.
Lawsuit funding is a well established industry. As a result, getting a lawsuit advance is very accessible. Smart Lawsuit Funding is one of the leading companies that assist plaintiffs with getting their lawsuit advance. The money unlocked by lawsuit funding, can help you get through rough times during litigation and can also provide you with some financial leverage until settlement.
Pre-settlement funding requires basic information to start. You must have an attorney representing your case. Also, check the state your case is in. Some jurisdictions due to states law, do not allow for lawsuit funding.
A lawsuit advance on personal injury is one of the options to overcome financial distress until settlement. You get an upfront sum before your case settles. Once you case settles and you win, it is only then that you pay off the amounts you owe. If you do not win a settlement, then you do not owe anything. The proceeds of the lawsuit is the only collateral on the case. Bad credit is ok.
Like all lawsuits, your case increases in value with documentation showing liability of the defendant, damages and adequate insurance. If there is an offer to settle the case, this also enhances the chances of getting a pre settlement advance.
Personal injury law, or tort law, gives an injured party the roadmap to pursue compensation when the injury is a result of another party’s actions that include liability or negligence. There are a many situations that can result in a personal injury pre-settlement funding, although not every incident in which someone is injured involves liability.
While your case is in litigation, you should be ready to finance your lawsuit to avoid financial turmoil and burden from legal and medical expenses. Smart Lawsuit Funding provides lawsuit advance for plaintiffs suffering from any of the cases mentioned above. Smart is a leader in pre-settlement loan. Through Smart, obtaining lawsuit funding is simple. Lawsuit advance provides those with personal injuries the tools to finance their litigation. Medical bills and legal expenses can be burdensome depending on the size and scope of the lawsuit. Because personal injury lawsuit can take a long time to settle and has no specific time frame for completion, it is always wise to apply for personal injury lawsuit loan.
Some key points to remember are as follows:
- Pre-settlement funding applications are available via smart 24/7
- Bad Credit is ok for pre-settlement funding.
- Pre-settlement loans requires plaintiffs to have an attorney
- Pre-settlement advance can be used for daily expenses
- Pre-settlement funding does not have to be paid back until the case settles. If you collect on your case, you pay back the money from those proceeds. If you do no win, you don’t owe anything
- Pre-settlement loan is more prevalent for personal injury lawsuits that have supporting documentation of MRI, Epidural injections and/or Surgeries.
- Having documents showing that the defendant is liable add more value to the lawsuit and also more money is placed in the pre-settlement advance.
Why choose Smart Lawsuit Funding
- Professional staff who genuinely understand your needs
- Participate in a leading network of underwriting attorneys
- Our staff is attentive, efficient and effective
- We offer extremely competitive rates
- We are open 7 days a week
- What makes Smart an expert in Pre Settlement Funding Industry
- Expert knowledge and years of experience
- Large network of funders
- We process all the paperwork
- Expert in managing attorney and client relationship
When you apply with Smart Lawsuit Funding, you are in the hands of professional staff that are committed to getting work done efficiently and effectively. We pledge a simple and streamlined processes. When you call, you will be speaking with a professional on the team. When you apply on-line, someone will give you a call right away. Smart Lawsuit Funding is open 7 days a week, so even on weekends, we are here to help. If you are looking for a personal injury lawsuit loan, apply with us now. We will provide you with a way of getting cash now. Smart does the work for you after you apply. Our team of underwriters are the most qualified attorneys with years of experience and knowledge of the legal system in the US and all fifty states. We help fund a wide variety of cases. In addition Smart will work with you to customize the loan that best meets your needs.